If you are experiencing a crisis or are in a life or death situation, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
The Resonate Lay Counseling Ministry provides listening, hope, and guidance to living in the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Lay counselors are not professional counselors and our services are not a substitute for professional mental or behavioral health therapy. Our program provides gospel-based, behavioral activation counseling in a series of about 6 sessions.
Examples of situations requiring professional therapy include, but are not limited to:
- Depression or anxiety that feels overwhelming and makes day to day living difficult
- Coping with past or recent trauma
- Dealing with emotional or physical abuse in a current or past relationship
- High expressed emotion in your relationship or repeated patterns of painful conflict
- Addictive behaviors, obsessive thinking, and/or compulsive behaviors
Not all requests will result in a match to a lay counselor. Your mental health is very important, and we recognize that not all life situations can be addressed by lay counseling. The Lay Counseling Ministry can provide you with referrals to community-based, Christian licensed therapists if our ministry services are not appropriate for your needs; however, we cannot guarantee the availability of any community therapist as we are not affiliated with these individuals.