How do we engage with the Bible? It can be hard to understand at times, but God also promises to teach us by His Spirit as we read His Word. In reading the Bible you’re not reading a textbook, you’re receiving from your Creator.
As you read each day, we encourage you to follow these simple steps to help you thoughtfully engage with your heart, mind, and spirit:
- Say a short prayer asking God to teach you and meet you through His Word. (And anything else you want to pray about.)
- Read the passage.
- Look over the passage and think about these two questions. It may be helpful to have a journal or app to write your thoughts down.
- What does this teach me about God?
- What does this teach me about myself?
- Pray again, thanking God for His Word and responding to what may be on your heart and mind after reading.